(Recipe from the Everyday Cooking for Every Family TMX cookbook)
250g butter (I cut my stick of butter into 4 pieces)
250g self-raising flour (I made my own in the TMX using plain flour, baking powder and cream of tartar)
Juice of 1/2 a lemon or orange (I used lemon. I actually like my cakes a little bit more tart so in future I’d probably put 3/4 or 1 full fruit’s worth or juice.)
70g desiccated or freshly grated coconut (i used desiccated)
- Preheat the oven to 180 degrees celcius. Lightly grease and line a 20x30cm baking tin with baking paper.
- Place the sugar in the TMX bowl and make caster sugar by milling it for 3-4 seconds on speed 10.
- Add butter and mix for 30 seconds on speed 5.
- Add one egg at a time and mix for a few seconds on speed 5.
- Add flour and juice and mix for 20 seconds on speed 5.
- Add coconut and milk and mix for 20 seconds on speed 5. (I found at this point that there was still some coconut on the top of the mixture, so I used the spatula to combine it a little bit and then mixed in for another 5 seconds on speed 5. You may not need to do this with yours.)
- Pour the batter into the prepared cake tin.
- Bake for 40 minutes.
- Cut the edgy bits off and scoff them down, then cut the cake into pretty little squares and be The Chick/Dude That Made The The Awesome-Looking And Even More Awesome-Tasting Coconut Butter Cake.