(Recipe from the Everyday Cooking for Every Family TMX cookbook)
150g sugar (on my second go I actually reduced the sugar to 100g which didn’t affect the consistency at all. Next time I might even take it down to 80g, but I don’t generally like things too sweet anyway)
200-300g fruit in season – I used 340g of fresh mango flesh
1 egg white (optional, I stopped using this on the third go because I felt guilty about wasting the yolks! It didn’t really make a difference as far as I could see.)
2 x 350g ice cubes
- Place sugar into TM bowl and mill for 10 seconds on speed 9.
- Add the mango, 350g of ice and the egg white. Slowly turn the speed dial to speed 10.
- Add the remaining ice after 20 seconds. Blend for a further 1 minute on speed 9.
- Serve, bask in the glory of your guests’ amazement that you’ve casually whipped up a dessert in 3 minutes flat, and try to avoid brain freeze.
- Tip: Use the spatula to move the ice around when the sorbet is blending. Otherwise you may end up with some chunky bits of ice.
Go nuts with your flavours depending on what’s in season.. like this strawberry and lime version!