(Recipe taken from the A Taste of Vegetarian TMX cookbook)
I LOVE blue cheese. I know it’s an acquired taste, but if you gave me a bucket of buffalo wings and a tub of blue cheese sauce I’d die a happy woman.
I really enjoyed this soup, although the salt factor was pretty high because of the blue cheese/stock double whammy. Next time I make the veggie stock concentrate, I think I’m definitely going to reduce the salt content by half so that I can use the recommended concentrate amounts without worrying.
Small bunch broccoli, cut into florets
2 tbsp TM vegetable stock concentrate (if you don’t have this, then replace the 300g of water with 300g of stock).
Salt to taste (I didn’t add any)
1 tbsp plain flour (substitute with cornflour for a gluten free alternative)
50g crumbled blue cheese (100g for a stronger taste)
50g cheese, grated in TM (I found this a bit vague so I just used the 100g of blue cheese)
- Place broccoli into TM bowl and chop for 3 seconds on speed 7. This is what it looks like:
- Add water, stock and salt. Cook for 10 minutes/100 degrees/speed 1.
- Add milk and flour and blend for 15 seconds on speed 6.
- Add blue cheese and grated cheese, and cook for 3 minutes/100 degrees/speed 1.
- Blend for a further 5 seconds on speed 6. Done. A soup this green MUST be good for you.