(Recipe taken from Everyday Cooking for Every Family)
I was watching a Friends marathon while making this, and completely forgot to take any photos of the process until the end. And we all know mushroom soup tastes awesome, but doesn’t look too crash hot (the term ‘grey gloop’ comes to mind). So apologies in advance for the wordy text, and I hope you don’t judge the soup by it’s picture. It really did taste great! Although having said that my version looked NOTHING like the picture in the cookbook…
1 small onion, peeled and halved
Juice of 1/2 a lemon (I didn’t have any lemon so didn’t bother)
600g water + 2 tbsp Vegetable Stock Concentrate
15-30g cornflour or rice flour (I used 20g)
30g parsley (didn’t bother)
1/2 MC cream
- Cut 3-4 mushrooms into thin slices and set aside (confession: it was the episode when Ross and Rachel first get together, so I was SLIGHTLY lazy and skipped this step)
- Place onion into Thermomix bowl and chop for 5 seconds/speed 7.
- Add butter and saute for 2 minutes/100 degrees/speed 1.
- Add mushrooms and saute for 1 minute/100 degrees/speed 1.
- Except for mushroom slices and cream, add everything else and mix for 10 seconds/speed 9.
- Cook for 8 minutes/100 degrees/speed 1.
- Blend for a few seconds by slowly going from speed 1-speed 8.
- Lift the MC, add sliced mushrooms and cream, replace the MC and cook for a further 4 minutes/90 degrees/speed 1.
- Enjoy with some yummy garlic bread.