(Recipe adapted from this blog)
I was at Coles a couple of weeks ago, and spotted a bag of limes for $2. Had NO idea what I was going to do with a bag of limes, but I figured that someone out there in the interweb would have a ridiculously easy Thermomix recipe. And woo hoo, I found it! I’m not a fan of white chocolate so I didn’t bother with that part. I also didn’t have quinoa flakes, so I gave rolled oats a shot.
Zest and juice of two limes
170g raw sugar
120g cold butter
120g plain flour
60g self raising flour
45g shredded coconut
1 tsp vanilla extract
- Place zest into the TMX bowl, and mill for 15 seconds/speed 8, stopping halfway to scrape down the sides if necessary.
- I skipped the next step (lazy, you know how it is) and popped the sugar and butter in and blend for 10 seconds/speed 6.
- Add remaining ingredients, and mix for 10 seconds/reverse/speed 4. Scrape down the sides and then mix for a further 7 seconds/reverse/speed 4.
- Preheat your oven to 180 degrees celcius.
- Roll mixture into balls (roughly 1 heaped teaspoon to a ball), pop it on a tin lined with baking paper, and flatten slightly. I had to prepare two tins.
- Pop in the oven and bake for 12-15 minutes until the edges start to brown. Dunzo.