(Recipe from the Official Thermomix Recipe Community)
The other half was away for two weeks, so my Thermomix went on a bit of a vacation while my bin filled up with takeaway containers and pizza boxes. But upon his return – and the arrival of the Easter long weekend – I thought I’d go on a bit of a Thermomix rampage. Starting with this lemon chermoula recipe. The link I’ve included actually shows you what to do with the chermoula, but I’ll just cover off the paste here (FYI, GREAT as a marinade for fried chicken!
60g cumin seeds
30g coriander seeds
2cm piece ginger, peeled
2 garlic cloves
1 small chilli
1 small handful coriander roots and leaves
1 tbsp preserved lemon peel (or the zest of 1 lemon, which I used)
Juice of 1 lemon
100g olive oil
2 tsp white vinegar
1 tsp sweet paprika
1 tsp turmeric powder
S&P to taste
- Place cumin and coriander seeds into the TMX bowl, and dry roast for 5 minutes/Varoma temperature/speed 1.
- Take the lid off and allow the mix to cool slightly, then pulse a couple of times on Turbo until the mixture is powdered.
- Add the ginger, garlic, chilli and coriander into the bowl, and chop for 10 seconds/speed 7.
- Place the remaining ingredients into the bowl, and chop for 20 seconds/speed 7.
- Set aside in a screw-top jar and refrigerate until use. It should keep for about two weeks.