Recipe from the Thermovixens blog)
I love garlic prawns and rice, but was looking for something a little bit different than the garlic-cream recipe. I stumbled across this recipe and loved that I hadn’t tried a version with wholegrain mustard, so I thought I’d give it a shot.
1 small/medium onion
2 spring onions (didn’t bother with this)
4 cloves of garlic (as usual, I used more)
1 red chilli (I actually forgot to buy this, so I added chilli flakes in at the end)
1 tablespoon of seeded mustard
60g olive oil
400g fresh prawns, peeled, deveined and tails off
Cooked white rice
Lemon or lime wedges to serve
Vegetables (I had some french beans, otherwise you can make a salad too)
- Add the onion, spring onions, garlic and chilli into your Thermomix bowl and chop for 5 seconds/speed 6.
- Add the mustard, butter and oil into the bowl and cook for 5 minutes/100 degrees/reverse/speed soft.
- Add prawns and cook for 4 minutes/100 degrees/reverse/speed soft (I actually ended up having to double the cooking time to ensure all of my prawns were cooked.
- I ended up with a lot of sauce, so I removed all the prawns and some of the sauce, before adding my beans into the bowl and cooking that for a further 5 minutes/100 degrees/reverse/speed soft.
- Serve with your cooked rice and lemon/lime wedges. The lemon/lime really brings everything together in terms of flavour, so make sure you don’t forget this ingredient. The chilli is also a must, otherwise you end up with a gravy that’s quite sweet and unbalanced.