(Recipe taken from the EDC cookbook)
I went on a Thermomix soup rampage over the weekend, which I didn’t quite realise until I ended up having soup for lunch and dinner three days in a row. Menu planning not QUITE up to par this week.
Anyway, not sure if I missed something here, but even without cooking the pasta shells in the TMX, I could only manage to add about 400g of water to the bowl instead of the 750g the recipe calls for. So by the time I heated up the soup on the stove a couple of days later and added the pasta, there really wasn’t much liquid left and I basically ended up with a sloppy pasta dish. It tasted okay, but definitely not one of the better dishes I had made. Any advice?
Small handful parsley
A few basil leaves (didn’t bother)
1 onion peeled and halved
3 cloves garlic
50g olive oil
400g diced vegetables of choice
400g tin chopped tomatoes
400g tin of borlotti or cannelini beans, drained (I used a four bean mix)
2 tsp vegetable stock concentrate
50g sachet tomato paste
1 tbsp raw sugar
Sea salt to taste
130g pasta shells
- Place parsley (and basil) into your TMX bowl and chop for 3 seconds/speed 7. Set aside (I actually just went straight to the next step).
- Place onion, garlic and oil into the bowl and chop for 4 seconds/speed 6. Saute for 5 minutes/Varoma/speed 1.
- Add all remaining ingredients except peas if using (I wasn’t) and pasta shells, and cook for 15 minutes/100 degrees/Reverse/speed soft. This is where I realised that the bowl was too full to accommodate all the ingredients.
- I added another 10 minutes to the heating time to ensure the beans were well-cooked, then popped the mixture into a pot for the next day.
- I cooked my pasta shells separately before adding in to the soup mix, but by that time there was only a small amount of liquid left. Edible, but not quite the hearty minestrone I was hoping for.