(Recipe adapted from Steph Berg’s blog)
Thought I’d branch out with the risotto flavours this week. Ever since the first time risotto was made in my Thermomix (at the first demo) which resulted in a burnt base that was mighty hard to clean, I’ve been really mindful of stirring my risotto mix well multiple times to avoid another similar incident. If there’s one thing I can pass on to you, it’s to stir your risotto mix when you put your rice in the bowl, and again between steps if you can.
4 cloves of garlic
2 tbsp olive oil
2 tbsp mild paprika
1 tsp turmeric
500g skinless chicken pieces
400g arborio rice
180ml white wine
1 tbsp vegie stock concentrate
2 tbsp tomato paste
- Place garlic in TMX bowl and chop for 5 seconds/speed 8.
- Add oil, paprika and turmeric. Cook for 1 1/2 minutes/100 degrees/speed 2.
- Add onions and chop for 5 seconds/speed 8.
- Add chicken and cook for 5 minutes/100 degrees/reverse/speed soft.
- Add rice and mix for 30 seconds/reverse/speed 2.
- Add wine and cook for a further 3 minutes/100 degrees/reverse/speed 2.
- Add water, veggie stock concentrate and tomato paste, and cook for a further 15 minutes/100 degrees/reverse/speed 1.
- Pour the rice into your ThermoServer and cover the dish for 5 minutes so that the rice can go through the final stage of absorption.
I crumbled some cheddar into my risotto for added flavour. I think that a nice fetta would be great with this dish too. The only crappy thing is that I cannot for the life of me take a good risotto picture. I promise the dish tastes a lot better than it looks here!