(Recipe from this blog)
Costco is a hellhole if you’re hungry and/or don’t have a strict shopping list and/or have a partner that is prone to impulse shopping. As a result of one or more of these factors *cough husband cough*, I ended up with a big bag of frozen berries that was meant to be used to make a berry sorbet in summer, and as the months flew by, was resigned to the back of the freezer.
So I googled “thermomix berries” and found this recipe. Gotta love the internet! I had made muffins before (here and here), but the fact that the lady called her version ‘Canadian’ piqued my interest!
120g frozen berries
1 tbsp plain flour
220g plain flour
3 tsp baking powder
1/2 tsp salt
110g sugar (I used 80g)
1tsp vanilla essence
- Preheat your oven to 200 degrees celcius and grease a muffin tin. I found out at the end of this recipe that the better was enough for 9 muffins rather than 12.
- Place a bowl on the TMX lid, and set the scales to zero. Weigh out the berries, add the tablespoon of flour and mix gently so the berries are coated. Set aside.
- Add the flour, baking powder, salt, butter and sugar, then pulse on Turbo a couple of times until the mixture resembles breadcrumbs.
- Add the egg, milk and vanilla. Knead 3/4 times on the dough setting. The batter will still be lumpy.
- Add your batter to the berries and mix gently, then pop the mix into your muffin tin.
- Bake for 20 – 25 minutes. Serve immediately with a generous lick of butter. Done!