(Recipe adapted from this post)
This is a great side dish to serve alongside some fresh seafood from the markets. I had some garlic prawns on hand, but I think that scallops would be amazing!
I added spinach to the risotto so I didn’t have to bother with a veggie side dish. Efficient, no?
Handful Italian parsley (I didn’t have any handy)
Zest of two lemons
60g grated Parmesan
2 cloves garlic
20g olive oil
300g risotto rice
100g white wine
700g stock (I used a heaped tablespoon of vegetable stock concentrate and 700g of water)
40g lemon juice (I just used the juice from the 2 lemons I zested)
Sea salt to taste
A couple of handfuls of spinach (silverbeet could work too)
- If you have parsley, chop it in your Thermomix bowl for 3 secs/speed 7, then set aside.
- Pop your zest (and Parmesan if you need to grate it. I had grated Parmesan in the fridge so used that instead) and mill for 8 secs/speed 8. Set aside.
- Place garlic, eschallots and olive oil into the TMX bowl and chop for 3 secs/speed 4. Scrape down the sides of the bowl and sauté for 3 mins/Varoma/speed 1.
- Add rice and white wine, then sauté for 2 mins/Varoma/reverse/speed 1.5.
- Add stock, lemon juice and a pinch of salt, give it a good stir (so the rice doesn’t stick to the base and end up burning) then cook for 16 mins/100 degrees/reverse/speed 1.5. Drop in handfuls of spinach when there is 4 minutes left on your timer.
- Pop the risotto in your Thermoserver and stir through the Parmesan. Cover and leave for 5 minutes for the final stage of absorption.
- Serve with seafood, enjoy.