(Recipe adapted from this blog post)
I don’t own a loaf tin, so this Thermomix coconut loaf recipe is now a coconut cake concoction! Starbucks does a decent coconut loaf but has god-knows-how-much preservatives, so I thought I’d see if I could make something (relatively) healthier.
150 grams sugar (I used raw sugar)
110 grams butter (I used salted butter which was fine)
280 grams plain flour
4 tsp baking powder
80 g desiccated coconut
190 grams milk
- Preheat your oven to 160 degrees celcius, and line your cake/loaf tin with greased baking paper.
- Place the sugar in the TMX bowl and pulverise for 5 secs/speed 9.
- Add butter and mix for 2.5 mins/60 degrees/speed 3 until butter is melted.
- Add the other ingredients and mix for 30 secs/speed 4.
- Pour into your tin and bake for approx. 50 mins. Do the skewer test to make sure your cake is cooked in the middle.
- Leave to cool slightly, then cut a big hunka off and start eating!