(Recipe based on the veal pizzaiola sauce from EDC)
This is another one of those great all-in-one thermomix meals that takes minutes to whip up, and it’s incredibly healthy too! Take some creative license with the sauce and add what tickles your fancy, I start with a base of chopped tomatoes, onion and garlic, and then add what I have in the kitchen. This time it was a small red capsicum and a couple of anchovies. You could add chillies, olives, blend some celery and carrot if you want some added veggies, the list goes on. You can also steam some potato slices with your veggies if you need a carb hit.
500g beef schnitzel
40g olive oil
Salt to taste
Fresh or dried oregano
Serve of veggies (I used a head of broccoli for two people)
1 medium sized onion
3-4 cloves garlic
400g can chopped tomatoes
Stuff (olives, anchovies, extra herbs, whatever you like)
– Marinate the beef with half the olive oil, oregano and salt to taste. Set aside.
– Pop your veggies in the Varoma dish, taking care to ensure that the steam holes aren’t entirely covered.
– Place your garlic and onion into the TMX bowl, and chop for 7 secs/speed 7. (If you have added ingredients, add these in here too and chop until fine.)
– Add the remaining olive oil (I popped my anchovies in here too) and saute for 2 mins/100 degrees/speed 1.
– Add your tomatoes into the TMX bowl. Place the dish of veggies on top of your TMX bowl. Lay the meat evenly on your Varoma dish, again taking care to ensure some of the holes aren’t covered do the steam can circulate properly.
– Set your Thermomix to 25 mins/Varoma/Reverse/Speed Soft.
– Check that your meat and veggies are cooked, otherwise cook on the same settings for an extra 5 minutes. Done!