(Recipe adapted from this blogpost)
I have had a crazy year so far at work and my weekends have generally been spent passed out on the couch. But hopefully I will be able to jump back on the bandwagon! I have just trimmed my jungle of a herb garden down this morning to make a marinade which I will post up soon. In the meantime, here is another berry muffin recipe, which I think trumps my first attempt..
50-100 grams of sugar depending on what you are adding to your muffins. Because I had berries I added about 90 grams to balance the tartness of the fruit
50 grams butter
110 grams wholemeal flour
110 grams white flour
1 tsp baking powder
190 grams milk
fruit/spices/vanilla to suit – I had 1.5 cups of frozen berries
– Preheat oven to 190 degrees Celcius and grease/line your muffin pan.
– Add sugar, egg and butter into your TMX bowl. Mix for 15 secs/speed 5.
– Add flour, baking powder and milk, and mix for a further 15-20 secs/speed 5.
– Add fruit and mix for 20 secs/reverse/speed 1.
– Spoon the mix into your muffin pan, whack in the oven for about 20 mins, and enjoy.