Recipe adapted from this blogpost
We had been invited to a friend’s place for dinner and I was in charge of dessert. I had a tart pastry languishing in the freezer and it took me 10 mins max to whip up the filling and pop the pie in the oven! If you’re less lazy than I am, the recipe above also teaches you how to make the pastry. Funny story, I got it in my head that there would be too much filling in this recipe, so I bought and opened another pastry before realising that there the chocolate filling was only JUST enough for one tart. So I ended up throwing together a custard for tart numero dos so nothing would be wasted. Custard recipe’s on its way too!
200g good quality dark chocolate, broken into small pieces
2 egg yolks
– Preheat your oven to 120 degrees celcius.
– Place chocolate into TMX bowl and grate for 6 secs/speed 8.
– Add cream, heat for 6 mins/90 degrees/speed 2.
– Add egg yolks and sugar, mix for 1 min/speed 3.
– Pour into pastry casing. Bake for 30-35 minutes.
I decorated the top with some mandarin segments to hide the cracks, but you can also dust some cocoa powder on top if you like!