I’m four months pregnant (holy crap) with my first child (HOLY CRAP) and so my weekends have been filled with sleeping, resting, eating, and eating some more. Trying new recipes in the Thermomix has definitely taken a backseat for now.
But I do get into my little Sunday baking hurricanes and today I thought I’d try making something I could snack on at work without feeling too guilty. I found this recipe, cut out half the sugar, replaced honey with golden syrup and added raisins. The result was a nice, chewy oat slice which is perfect for morning tea. Let’s just hope I don’t eat four or five pieces in one go!
125 g butter
2 tablespoons of golden syrup
½ MC water
½ teaspoon bicarbonate of soda
110 g rolled oats
130 g plain flour
200 g shredded coconut
80 g raw sugar
– Preheat the oven to 170˚C and grease a long baking tin. I’m not sure what the measurement of my tin is but it’s the rectangular one you’d make biccies in.
– Place butter, honey and water in TMX bowl and melt for 4 mins/60 degrees/speed 3.
– Stir in bicarbonate of soda for 5 secs/speed 4.
– Pop oats, flour, coconut, sugar and raisins in TMX bowl and mix on 15secs/reverse/speed 4 or until combined.
-Press mixture evenly into your pan and bake for 25 minutes or until the mixture starts to brown.
– Cool in pan before cutting, and enjoy!
Fancy an oatmeal raisin cookie recipe instead? I tried this one…