Recipe adapted from this blogpost
Love me a good mud cake. I have already found my absolute favourite chocolate cake recipe so I’m starting to play with different mud cake variations. I found this basic mud cake recipe, took out a substantial amount of sugar and added more coffee concentrate to the mix. The result was incredibly moist and brownie-like.
200 g dark chocolate, Chopped in TMX (I used dark chocolate buttons)
250 g Butter, cubed
2 tbsp instant coffee
330 g warm water
210 g SR flour
100g g caster sugar, made in TMX
20 g cocoa powder
1 level tsp vanilla essence
– Preheat oven to 150 degrees.
– Grease and line a cake pan.
– Chop chocolate on 5 secs/speed 8.
– Combine chocolate with butter, coffee and water and heat up for 2 mins/50 degrees/speed 3.
– Add caster sugar and mix on 10 secs/speed 4.
– Allow to cool for 15 minutes and then add flour and cocoa, eggs and vanilla and mix on 10 secs/speed 3.
– Pour mixture into prepared cake tin and bake for 1- 1.5 hours until cooked, test with skewer. Cool cake in pan, cut into pieces and gobble up!