Recipe adapted from this blogpost
Lemons had been so expensive around Christmastime that when they finally dropped in price, I immediately bought a bag even though I had absolutely no use for them in last week’s meal plan. So when I woke up on the weekend with an urge to bake, I had to make sure lemons were part of the ingredient list! I made a double recipe, which required a little bit of manual stirring in the TMX bowl when it came to adding in the dry ingredients, but apart from that the machine handled the double up with ease. Oh, and after I started I realised I was 200g short of the sugar required so I improvised slightly with about 100g of golden syrup. Worked out ok!
– 300g raw sugar
– 1 large lemon, approx. 60g of juice (I used three medium lemons for my double recipe)
– 250g butter, cubed
– 4 eggs
– 230g plain flour
– 85g desiccated coconut
– Preheat your oven to 180 degrees Celcius and line your baking tin with greaseproof paper.
– Peel the rind off your lemon(s) and pop into your TMX bowl with the sugar. Process for 3-4 secs/speed 9.
– Add butter and heat for 3 mins/60 degrees/speed 2.
– Add eggs and mix on 20-25 secs.
– Add flour, coconut and lemon juice, and mix for 6-8 secs/speed 6.
– Pop your mixture in the baking tray and bake for about 30 mins or until an inserted skewer in the middle comes out clean. I checked my mix at 40 mins and it was fine.
– Cut into squares and enjoy!
More lemon-y baked goodness I’ve attempted in the Thermomix…