I may have mentioned this before, but I have a bit of an issue with open pantry items. I feel the need to use them up as fast as I can, for fear of forgetting said items and letting them go past their use-by date. So this opened bag chocolate chips had been bugging me for a few weeks and I turned to trusty Google to see what Thermomix could accomplish with it. And it didn’t disappoint, finding this recipe quick-smart. I brought down the sugar a little bit and didn’t have cocoa powder, so I milled a handful of my chocolate chips instead. And finally I tend to prefer hand mixing the final mixture, so my method here is a tad different too.
130g raw sugar
90g vegetable oil
1 teaspoon pure vanilla extract
250g plain flour
2 teaspoons baking powder
1/2 teaspoon bicarbonate of soda
2 tablespoons good quality cocoa powder
150g dark chocolate chips, plus a few extra for sprinkling
- Preheat your oven to 180 degrees celcius.
- Mill the sugar for 3 secs/speed 9. Set aside.
- Pour all the liquid ingredients into the TMX bowl and mix for 10 secs/speed 5.
- Add all remaining ingredients and mix for 3 seconds/speed 4, then finish combining with a spatula to avoid over-mixing.
- Divide mixture equally in a regular muffin tray (I actually only made 9 muffins with this amount), pop in the oven and bake for around 20 minutes. Eat.