I had some leftover pumpkin after this adventure as well as a small amount of peas that was languishing in the freezer, so this recipe was perfect to make up and freeze for the little miss! I didn’t have a lemon or chives and I’ve been feeding her way too much cheese so I actually omitted the Parmesan and it still tasted lovely, but I’d definitely recommend keeping those ingredients in.
400g diced pumpkin (I actually just threw my large chunks in the Thermomix and grated the lot, then removed it from the bowl)
1 onion, halved
1 clove of garlic, peeled
300g arborio rice
900g veggie or chicken stock
80g frozen peas
Juice of 1 lemon (I think the zest would work really well here too!
1tbsp finely snipped chives
– Chop the onion and garlic for 3 secs/speed 7.
– Add butter and sauté 2 min/100°C/speed 1.
– Add rice and sauté 1 min/100°C/Reverse/speed 1.
– Add stock and cook 8 min/100°C/Reverse/speed 1.
– Add pumpkin and cook a further 8 min/100°C/Reverse/speed 1.
– Add peas, lemon juice and reserved Parmesan and cook 1 min/100°C/Reverse/speed 1. Transfer to a ThermoServer and serve topped with additional Parmesan (if using) and chives.