My best friend gave me this recipe years back and oh.my.god. The healthiest thing in there is the fresh garlic (even the mushrooms are canned) but holy crap it’s the most addictive dip in the history of mankind. Trust me. Anyway this was the first year I used the Thermomix to make it, and hollowed out a cob loaf to serve it in. You can just pop it into a dish and serve it with crackers too if you can’t be bothered with the bread.
1 cob loaf, hollowed out, optional
Olive oil for drizzling
2-3 cloves of garlic, peeled
1 can of champignon mushrooms (I’ve tried using fresh mushrooms but it’s not as good)
1 regular sized jar of mayonnaise, mine was 235g (none of that low-fat crap. If you’re making this dip your diet is screwed anyway, so go for the real stuff)
Parmesan cheese, the same amount as your mayonnaise
Paprika for sprinkling (optional)
– Preheat your oven to 180 degrees celcius
– Tear the bread from the middle of your cob loaf into chunks, throw in a bowl, and drizzle with some olive oil. I had some spare rosemary so I threw that in too. Set aside.
– Throw your garlic into the TMX bowl and chop for 3 secs/speed 5.
– Add mushrooms and press Turbo a couple of times to chop them up into bite-sized pieces.
– Scoop the mushroom mix into the cob loaf, sprinkle with paprika if you want, and whack into the oven for 45 minutes. When you have 15 minutes left, throw the bread chunks into the oven (spread evenly on a tray) to toast.
– Et voila. Try not to finish it all by yourself.